CANTERBURY CATHEDRAL

Canterbury Cathedral

Samuel Green built an organ on the pulpitum in 1784: that instrument was relocated to the south triforium of the quire in 1827, and it was here that Henry Willis built a new four-manual instrument in 1886, with a pioneering form of electro-pneumatic action.

During the twentieth century, alterations were made by Norman & Beard and by Henry Willis & Sons.  In 1979 N.P. Mander carried out a more radical rebuild, which included removal of the Solo Organ.

Much of Father Willis’s pipework survived these interventions and will form the backbone of the new organ, which is due for completion in early 2020

New organ in the quire, retaining some Father Willis pipework.
4 manuals, 83 stops plus existing Nave division, 6 stops.  Click HERE for specification

Sept 2019

Aug 2019

Jul 2019

Jun 2019

May 2019

Apr 2019

Mar 2019

Feb 2019

Jan 2019

Dec 2018

Nov 2018

Oct 2018

Aug/Sep 2018

Jul 2018

Jun 2018

May 2018

Apr 2018

Mar 2018

Feb 2018

Jan 2018

May 2019

Apr 2019

Mar 2019

Feb 2019

Jan 2019

Nov 2018

Apr/May 2018

Jul 2019

May 2019

Apr 2019

Feb/Mar 2019

Jan 2019

Dec 2018

Oct/Nov 2018

Jul/Aug 2018

May/Jun 2018

Apr 2018

Mar 2018

Feb 2018

Jan 2018

Jul 2019

Jun 2019

Apr 2019

Feb/Mar 2019

Dec 2018

Nov 2018

Oct 2018

Jul- Aug 2018

May/Jun2018