- Daily cleaning of workshop and facilities which include the extraction shed (sawdust bags) and the main machine shop (sawdust)
- General housekeeping of the site, including car park, sheds, and upper areas of workshop
- Helping with loading and unloading and deliveries
- Packing of organ components when necessary
- Regular cleaning and checking of company vehicles
- Collection of local materials
- Painting and decorating as required
- Occasional work away from Durham as part of a team and a willingness to work overtime
- Other tasks as required
- Able to accept direction
- A person with initiative, able to self-motivate and take ownership of tasks
- Hard working, reliable and trustworthy
- Able to lift and carry and undertake manual labour
- Able to handle delicate or easily damaged parts with care
- Resourceful and flexible
- Able to work relationally with colleagues, and a good communicator
- Full UK driving licence with a minimum of two years’ experience
- A forklift operator’s qualification is desirable, but not essential.
- 39 hours per week (usual pattern: 8 hours Monday to Thursday, 7 on a Friday)
- Rate of pay £9.50 per hour (2022 rates, reviewed annually)
- 26 days’ holiday per year plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Based at our workshop in Meadowfield, Durham, DH7 8YH.
Applications should be received by the 1st April 2022, although the company reserves the right to amend the closing date and time, and the company reserves the right not to make an appointment. We will only be able to contact those candidates that have been shortlisted.
Please include a CV which should also demonstrate your relevant experience and a short letter stating the reasons for your interest in the post. Please send to:
Harrison & Harrison
St John’s Road
Or via email to: email@example.com
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and will be subject to periodic review. It may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business.
8th Oct 2019
For a full job description please Click Here
Harrison & Harrison is recruiting for a full-time organ tuner with at least 5 years’ experience in the maintenance of pipe organs, and a further position that would be open to either an experienced tuner or a trainee tuner. All necessary training will be provided.
For experienced tuners, the successful candidate will have a broad range of skills and be responsible for workflow on their tuning round. Other duties will include providing assistance in the workshop during off-season periods and on site as required. A person who is enthusiastic and good-natured, works easily with others and is willing to do a wide variety of organ maintenance/building tasks will integrate well within the H&H workforce.
H&H offers a highly competitive remuneration package. Compensation will be determined upon skill and experience level. Jeremy Maritz can be contacted in confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. For a full description click HERE to view.
Please note: We are only able to accept applications from candidates that meet the current legal requirements for working in the UK.
Harrison & Harrison Ltd.