Download our current brochure HERE for an overview of our projects.
Christ Church, Greenwich, Connecticut, USA We have been commissioned to build a new 86-stop instrument for Christ Church, Greenwich, Connecticut, USA. The organ is to be entirely new, retaining only the percussion stops and the 32ft octave of the Sub Bourdon from the present instrument. Installation is planned for 2022. Further details can be found here: www.christchurchgreenwich.org/new organ
Christ Church, Greenwich, Connecticut, USA
We have been commissioned to build a new 86-stop instrument for Christ Church, Greenwich, Connecticut, USA.
The organ is to be entirely new, retaining only the percussion stops and the 32ft octave of the Sub Bourdon from the present instrument.
Installation is planned for 2022.
Further details can be found here: www.christchurchgreenwich.org/new organ
Lagos, Our Saviour’s
Fayemi & Jones 1972: 2 manuals 24 stops.
Overhaul and restore, new piston and electrical system to be installed. Started Oct 2015; completion delayed by external circumstances.
Metropolitan Cathedral of Christ the King Liverpool
J.W. Walker & Sons, London 1967. 4 manuals 88 stops
Morpeth, St Robert of Newminster RC church
Nigel Church, 1980. 2 manuals 11 stops
Clean and overhaul
Witney, High Street Methodist Church
Hill, Norman & Beard 1919; Roger D. Taylor 1995
3 manuals, 23 stops
Replacement of reservoirs
Elliot & Hill 1834; Wm Hill & Son 1859; JW Walker & Sons 1903, H&H 1917/1931,
JW Walker & Son 1960; Principal Pipe Organs 1993. 4 manuals, 81 stops
Complete reconstruction, based on the H&H musical concept of 1917/1931 Full specification click HERE
October 2018 – late 2020
Aberdeen, St MacharWork to keyboards
Bedford, St PaulRevision to blowing plant
Helensburgh, St MichaelMinor regulation work
Govan Old Church
1888 Brindley & Foster
Rebuilt – 1939 Scovell Edinburgh
3 manuals. 34 stops
Overhaul of organ blower box
Samuel Green built an organ on the pulpitum in 1784: that instrument was relocated to the south triforium of the quire in 1827, and it was here that Henry Willis built a new four-manual instrument in 1886, with a pioneering form of electro-pneumatic action.
During the twentieth century, alterations were made by Norman & Beard and by Henry Willis & Sons. In 1979 N.P. Mander carried out a more radical rebuild, which included removal of the Solo Organ.
Much of Father Willis’s pipework survived these interventions and will form the backbone of the new organ, completed early 2020.
New organ in the quire, retaining some Father Willis pipework.
4 manuals, 83 stops plus existing Nave division, 6 stops.
Started June 2017, completed 2020.
Click HERE for specification
Removal and minor work of North Choir action reservoir Coventry Cathedral
Dundee, The Steeple Church
Henry Willis 1964.
Minor repairs and overhaul of key actions including
attention to drawstop slider mechanism.
2 manuals, 27 stops
Edinburgh, St Mary’s Episcopal Cathedral
Henry Willis 1879; H&H 1931, 1959, 1979
4 manuals, 57 stops
Clean and Overhaul 2019/20
London, East Ham, St Mary Magdalene
Rushworth & Dreaper, 1918
2 manuals 9 stops
Overhaul and Restoration.
Oxford, Balliol College
H&H 1937, 3 manuals, 25 stops.
Clean and overhaul.
June 2020 – August 2020
John Compton 1947, Hele & Co Ltd 1966, H. Browne & Sons 2001.
The organ had been damaged by water and required repair.
3 manuals, 34 stops
Henry Willis 1876; Henry Willis & Sons 1934; H&H 1978/93. 4 manuals, 65 stops
The organ retains its Father Willis character and the main choruses are still cone-tuned.
Restoration, with new electro-pneumatic actions, conservative revision of the wind system and consolidation of the 1934 Pedal chorus
TH Harrison 186?, H&H 1900, 1946, 2 manuals 25 stops.
Cleaned and overhauled, and the addition of Great Mixture.
August 2018 – Dec 2018
Glasgow Cathedral, St Mungo (High Kirk of Glasgow)
Henry Willis 1879 1903 1931, JW Walker & Son 1971, H&H 1996 4 manuals 69 stops
Overhauled keyboards and revised piston layout with the addition of a stepper and 512 general memory levels
February 2019 – March 2019
London, St Bride’s Church, Fleet Street
Compton 1957, Bance & Mason 1984 2002, 4 manual 99 stops.
New transmission and rewiring following lightning strike.
June 2019 – October 2019
Middleton Tyas, St Michael & All Angels
Conacher & Co. c1870 2 manuals 15 stops.
Overhauled pedal board and touch box. Checked the speech and regulation of the Pedal Open Wood.
February – March 2019
Oxford, Witney High Street Methodist Church
Forster & Andrews 1868, H,N & B 1919 3 manuals 23 stops.
Replaced Tromba and Action reservoirs.
Perth, St Ninian’s Episcopal Cathedral
Robson 1850, Conacher c?, Ingram 1890, John R Miller 1901, Rushworth & Dreaper 1949, Sandy Edmonstone 1996 4 manuals 52 stops
New keyboards and replacement of Great and Choir stop action
Westminster Abbey (Chamber organ)
Kenneth Tickell & Co. 1994
Cleaned and overhauled the Chapel organ
Aberdeen, St Machar’s Cathedral
Organ by Henry Willis & Sons 1891, overhauled by NP Mander 1970. 3 manuals, 46 stops.
Reinstated Choir stops removed in 1970. Tonal adjustments to the Choir division including the cleaning and repair of pipework
Adelaide, St Peter’s Cathedral
Wm Hill & Son, Norman & Beard 1929, 4 manual 53 stops.
Complete restoration with minor tonal alterations.
Benoni, St Dunstan’s Cathedral, South Africa
Christian Ganser, Pretoria 1970. 3 manuals, 34 stops
Overhauled the organ with minor changes to the specification, and revision of the console. During the process, the musical speech and balance of the organ was carefully restored to its original style.
Brailsford, All Saints’
H&H 1914 2 manuals 10 stops.
Overhauled pedalboard with minor attention to wind system and regulation of speech and actions
H&H 1902. Overhauled with some changes in 1976 by David Loosley.
2 manuals 22 stops
Restored the bottom half of the organ, mainly the wind system and blower which was flood damaged.
Hill & Son 1869, H&H 1969 4 manual 58 stops.
Partial overhaul and renewal of wind system. Starting January 2018
Dundee, Caird Hall
H&H 1923 1992 3 manuals 50 stops.
Upgrade piston system.
Edinburgh Sacred Heart RC
H&H 1971 for St John’s Church, Perth. Rehomed to Edinburgh by another company.
Attention to actions, Swell shutter mechanism, and voicing.
Hill 1865, H&H 1882, Mirrlees 1903, MacKenzie 1972
2 manual 19 stops. Click HERE for specification
Ilderton, St Michael
H&H 1879 1 manual 5 stops. Clean and overhaul.
Leighton Buzzard, All Saints’
H&H 1989, 3 manual 38 stops.
Cleaned and overhauled including revisions to actions and pipework. Start April 2018
Newton Ferrers, Holy Cross
Deane Organ Builders of Taunton 1992. 2 manual 32 stops on extension principal.
Upgraded low voltage transmission and capture system, installation of Petersen machine to Swell shutters
Oxford, Corpus Christi College
Wm. Hill 1880, 2 manuals 11 stops. Cleaned and repaired pipework including façade pipes, return original Flautina treble pipes to use and general action adjustments. August 2018
Bradford on Avon, Holy Trinity
Henry Willis & Sons 1926, 3 manuals 26 stops.
Complete overhaul and renewal of mechanism.
(Click Here for specification)
H&H 1930, 3 manuals 43 stops, Cleaned and overhauled organ including re-leathering of wind system, restoration of console and provision of new piston system.
Chorley, St Joseph’s RC
H&H 1903, 2 manuals 13 stops.
Overhauled and refaced pedal board. Provided new adjustable bench.
Start Feb 2017
H&H 1911, 3 manuals 46 stops. Addition of 32ft Pedal reed extension.
East Boldon, St George’s
Wood, Wordsworth & Co, 2 manuals 12 stops. Clean and overhaul Great following water damage.
Edinburgh, Mortonhall Crematorium
H&H 1967, 2 manuals 9 stops. Dismantle for building work and re-installed on completion including Soundboard work.
Hove All Saints’
Wm Hill & Son 1894, 3 manual 47 stops.
Repaired to water damaged components
Norway, Frogner Kirke
New organ reusing some old pipework.
Completed Nov 2017
Father Willis 1898, 4 manuals 64 stops, restored by H&H in 1960 & 1998.
Dismantled, stored and protect ed the Swell and Pedal Organ during repairs to the triforium roof.
Prittlewell, St Mary
Wm Hill & Son 1916, H&H 1997, 2 manuals 20 stops.
Provision of new breakdown reservoir and roller valve.
Our Lady & St Wilfrid’s, Warwick Bridge
William Hill 1843,
1 manual 6 stops.
Overhauled and restored.
H&H 1937 & 1987,
Overhaul of South Triforium organ during roof work.
Windsor, St George’s Chapel
4 manuals, 72 stops.
Drawstop action work in January. Wind system repairs in summer.
Ayr, St Columba
J.J. Binns, Overhauled by H&H 1985. Installation of new electrical system with a revision to the piston layout.
Bath, St Mary’s RC Church
Bevington organ, 2 manuals 22 stops. Clean and partial overhaul after fire in church.
Bedford, St Andrew’s Church
New organ, mechanical action. 2 manuals 22 stops. For new spec click here
Cambridge, King’s College
H&H 1934, in famous case by Thomas Dallam, 1606. 4 manuals 79 stops.
Complete reconstruction of the organ, with new soundboards and revised layout.
(Click here to view specification)
Hill & Son 1894: 4 manuals 89 stops.
Primrose Hill, St Mary’s
William Hill & Son 1872, H&H 1991 & 2011. 3 manuals 35 stops. Installation of new multi-level capture system
St Mary The Virgin, Titchmarsh
Thomas C Lewis, 1870: 2 manuals, 17 stops
Full restoration, blower installed.
Twickenham, St Mary’s
H&H 1996 2 manuals 20 stops. Restoration of reservoirs following water damage.
H&H 1921, 3 manuals 40 stops.
Overhaul of the mechanism with special attention to sound boards.
Bristol, Church of Our Lady of Ostrabrama
2 manuals, 17 stops. Pipework was removed, cleaned and repaired and front pipes straightened. Console cleaned, manuals removed, cleaned and adjusted. Soundboards and actions cleaned and repaired. Water damaged leather on the pedal action renewed. Swell shutter adjusted to improve shutter opening. Casework cleaned.
Colchester Town Hall, The Moot Hall Organ
Norman & Beard in 1902: 2 Manuals, 21 stops. Full restoration of the mechanism and pipework, and the original tonal scheme of the Choir has been reinstated.
New specification 3 manuals, 30 stops
Durham, Hatfield College
H&H 1883; altered by Prested 1970; additions & restoration H&H 2001: 2 manuals 16 stops
The organ is to be partially dismantled to allow the removal of the reservoir, which is to be stripped and re-leathered.
The organ to be reassembled and the mechanism adjusted.
Eastbourne, All Saints’ Church
Harrison & Harrison 1929: 3 manuals 39 stops. Reconstruction of the organ actions, converting them to electro-pneumatic operation. (To view specification, click HERE).
Harrison & Harrison 1908, 1975, 2000: 4 manuals 83 stops. Changes made to piston and stepper
4 manual, 70 stops: H&H 1933, 1965, 2003, based on earlier work by Father Willis, 1891. The main organ was dismantled in January 2013. It has been completely reconstructed, with a new layout within the famous Loosemore case, and new soundboards replacing those of 1891. The tonal scheme has been retained. The intention was to achieve a better distribution of sound, together with improved access for tuning and maintenance.
Hakadal Kirke, Norway
New organ, 2 manuals 17 stops, tracker action.
Jesmond, The Church of the Holy Name
2 manuals 21 stops. Overhaul, Install electric stop action
Jordanhill Parish Church
T.C. Lewis, 1903, updates JPow, 1999 : 2 manuals 24 stops.
The organ is to be part dismantled and the following work undertaken:
The Swell pallet-actuating motors and Swell slider-actuating unit to be re-leathered and the Pedal pallet-actuating motors to be re-leathered.
The organ will be reassembled, the mechanism checked and organ tuned.
Kenya, Pembroke House School
H&H 1906, restored by H&H 2012: 2 manuals, 12 stops. Relocated the organ from the Chapel of the Community of the Resurrection in Mirfield, and rebuilt and installed in the Chapel at Pembroke House School.
London, Blackheath, All Saints’
Hills 1859: Full restoration of the mechanism, and revision of the tonal scheme.
London, Christ Church Southgate
J.W.Walker, 1870, 1947, 1977: 3 manuals 45 stops. New keyboards and installation of new piston system.
London, Grand Temple Freemasons’ Hall
Henry Willis & Sons 1933: 3 manuals, 43 stops.
Full restoration of the mechanism,and an addition of a further division.
London, St Clement Danes
H&H 1958, 3 manuals 38 stops. Repairs to pipework.
Oxford, Wadham College
Willis 1862: 2 manual 18 stops. The organ to be thoroughly restored without change.
Willis 1877: 4 manuals 65 stops. Repairs done mainly to leatherwork
Singapore Bible College
2 manuals, 9 stops. 1986 Aug. Laukhuff
Attention to pipe speech, action adjustments and tuning
Singapore, Freemasons’ Hall
Walker 1970. 2 manual extension organ. Overhauled, and a new electrical system installed.
Twickenham, St Stephen
Henry Willis 1890: 3 manuals 28 stops. Cleaned and refurbished. Repairs done to pipework, soundboard and wind system.
Tokyo Holy Trinity Church
H&H 1980: 2 manuals, 10 stops; enlarged 1991 to 2 manuals, 13 stops.
The operation of the whole organ will be checked, cleaned and repaired where needed. Low voltage power supplies, wiring and fusing renewed; a new processor based coupling system installed and piston relays renewed.
Completed 2014. 2013
Bristol University, Great Hall
Nicholson 1966: 3 manuals. Re-leathered some of the action work and 32ft concussion, and did minor pipework repairs.
2 manuals, 26 stops. We have built a new organ for this lovely church with its celebrated annual Festival of Music within the Liturgy. Completed April 2014. The organ was used for the first time on Palm Sunday.
Glasgow Cottier Theatre
3 manuals, 31 stops.
The organ was built by Henry Willis in 1876 for Dowanhill Parish Church. In 1954 Willis changed the actions to electro-pneumatic and provided a new console; however, the structure and pipework were not changed.
After a period of neglect and vandalism, the organ was removed to Harrisons’ workshop in 2006 with the intention of restoring it to its original state. This has entailed the creation of new tracker actions and Barker machine, new mechanical drawstop and composition actions, and a new console, all strictly in the style of Father Willis and based on contemporary examples. All of the work has been completed, including extensive restoration of damaged pipework.
The church is being converted as the Cottier Theatre. The restored organ has been reinstated in the rear gallery and awaits the completion and commissioning of the theatre.
Hammersmith, St Paul’s Girls School
Grant, Degens & Bradbeer 1970: Overhaul, install electric stop action and new blower.
May – November 2014
Lagos, Breadfruit St Paul’s Church
H&H 1964: 3 manuals, 49 stops. New blowers installed and inspection for additional work at a later date. Completed
Lagos, Cathedral Church Of Christ Marina
Oberlinger 2010: 4 manuals, 64 stops. Overhaul, particularly of electrical system. Re-leathering of regulators.
Bristol, Kingswood United Church
Repaired treble pipes of the Principal and all pipes of the Fifteenth
H&H 1932: 2 manuals, 16 stops. Overhaul & re-leathering of actions. Completed August 2013.
H&H 1930, 1976. New 32ft reed. 3 manuals 43 stops. Completed November 2013.
Hampton Court Palace
Case by Gibbons and some pipework by Shrider 1712; organ by Hill 1857/99, substantially altered since. Overhauled and reconfigured to 33 stops. Completed September 2013.
Islington, Union Chapel
Father Willis 1877. Restoration of this notable example of Willis’s work, which is almost entirely unaltered and retains its original hydraulic blowing system. 3 manuals, 37 stops. Work completed March 2013.
Laverton, St Mary’s
Repaired wooden pipes and tuned.
London Royal Festival Hall
H&H 1954. In August 2005 the organ was dismantled and stored in a separate warehouse in Durham. The Hall has been completely reconstructed with improved acoustics; it reopened in June 2007. The organ has been reconfigured to suit the new architectural and acoustic requirements: its depth has been reduced by 1.1m, but the basic principles of the layout have been respected. The Swell Organ, Great flue stops and Pedal Principal 32ft, forming the left-hand portion of the organ, together with the console were reinstated first. The central and right hand sections followed in 2013
The organ is now complete. It will be re-launched on the organ’s 60th anniversary in early 2014. 4 manuals, 103 stops. (Links to more information here)
London, The Temple Church
The organ was built by Harrison & Harrison in 1924 for the castle of Glen Tanar, Aberdeenshire, and moved to the Temple Church in 1954. Having been restored in the workshop, the organ has been reinstalled in the church and voiced. 4 manuals, 66 stops.
The organ was re-dedicated on Tuesday 7th May 2013 in the presence of Her Majesty The Queen and His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh.
H&H 1912 and 1926, based on earlier organ by Lewis. Cleaned and major overhaul; revision of wind distribution system. 4 manuals, 59 stops. Completed November 2013.
Troon, Portland Parish Church
H&H 1914, restored 1969: 2 manuals, 22 stops. Cleaned and overhauled.
Wigton, St Mary’s Church
H&H 1912, 2 manual 13 stops. Overhaul and re-leathering of actions. Completed June 2013.