There are no vacancies at present
For more information click HERE
8th Oct 2019
For a full job description please Click Here
- Daily cleaning of workshop and facilities
- General housekeeping of the site, including car park, sheds, and upper areas of workshop
- Helping with loading and unloading and deliveries
- Packing of organ components when necessary
- Regular cleaning and checking of company vehicles
- Collection of local materials
- Painting and decorating as required
- Occasional work away from Durham as part of a team and a willingness to work overtime
- Other tasks as required
- Able to accept direction
- A person with initiative, able to self-motivate and take ownership of tasks
- Hard working, reliable and trustworthy
- Able to lift and carry and undertake manual labour
- Able to handle delicate or easily damaged parts with care
- Resourceful and flexible
- Able to work relationally with colleagues, and a good communicator
- Full UK driving licence with a minimum of two years experience
- A forklift operator’s qualification is desirable, but not essential.
- 39 hours per week (usual pattern: 8 hours Monday to Thursday, 7 on a Friday)
- Rate of pay £8.60 per hour (2019 rates, reviewed annually)
- 26 days’ holiday per year plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Based at our workshop in Meadowfield, Durham, DH7 8YH.
Applications should be received by 12:00 on Friday 21 June 2019. Please include a CV which should also demonstrate your relevant experience and a short letter stating the reasons for your interest in the post. Please send to:
Harrison & Harrison
St John’s Road
Or via email to: email@example.com
Note: This job description is not exhaustive and will be subject to periodic review. It may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business.
Harrison & Harrison is recruiting for a full-time organ tuner with at least 5 years’ experience in the maintenance of pipe organs, and a further position that would be open to either an experienced tuner or a trainee tuner. All necessary training will be provided.
For experienced tuners, the successful candidate will have a broad range of skills and be responsible for workflow on their tuning round. Other duties will include providing assistance in the workshop during off-season periods and on site as required. A person who is enthusiastic and good-natured, works easily with others and is willing to do a wide variety of organ maintenance/building tasks will integrate well within the H&H workforce.
H&H offers a highly competitive remuneration package. Compensation will be determined upon skill and experience level. Jeremy Maritz can be contacted in confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. For a full description click HERE to view.
Please note: We are only able to accept applications from candidates that meet the current legal requirements for working in the UK.
Harrison & Harrison Ltd.